Friday, April 2, 2010

Stephenie Meyer’s upcoming book, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Earlier this week, I saw this post on Stephenie Meyer’s website about an upcoming book, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. When I read it I was a bit miffed to see there was no synopsis or excerpts available, not even to get our tongues wagging. I didn’t quite understand why any author, especially one of her magnitude, would announce a new book, a short story spinoff rather, to her Twilight Saga and not mention a lick of an overview. Perturbed would be the right word for how I felt.



Not being able to get that small sample of text kept me quiet on this topic. And then two days later it hit me. Holy hell, Stephenie Meyer’s coming out with another book. Christmas will be early this year and I can’t wait. The book’s called The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. It’s about a character she created when writing Eclipse, involving Victoria and all her vampire fledglings. On the surface, it sounds interesting and I have no doubt it will be. My only concern from the name itself is…Bree doesn’t appear to be a hero and she doesn’t sound like she’ll be living long enough for a happy ever after. Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.


The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner comes out June 5th. For every purchase made, a dollar would be donated to the Red Cross.


Until next time…read, read, read.


Mina B.

No comments: