Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Mini Book Review: Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy

As I mentioned previously, I am participating in the Vampire Book Club's Vampire Academy ReRead Challenge.  It took me awhile, but I finally got my hands on Richelle Mead's first book, Vampire Academy.  I'm happy to report it was equally as difficult to put down the 2nd time around. Before starting, I went back and read my previous review of the Vampire Academy.

I initially stated the book was phenomenal and frankly, not much has changed. Reading this novel the first time around, I remember being so enthralled, I sucked the pages down. This story set my mind racing with anticipation. Some new things I got from the Vampire Academy reread was an appreciation for two things. First, the originality or brilliance, rather of Mead's tale and second, the entire Victor storyline and Vladimir history. Victor's purpose resonated more clearly this time around - kind of like a take on "for the greater good."  In his minor rants, he spoke volumes of what's to come - which again speaks to Mead's brilliance.  Other things of note were Rose’s maturity - her need to act less irresponsible and more like Lissa’s true guardian.

I loved, loved, loved this book. I didn’t state it the first time, but it’s an automatic 5; a keeper among literary vamp classics.

Until next time…join the Vampire Book Club Vampire Academy ReRead Challenge. You have until the end of this month…so hurry.  Last Sacrifice releases in less than one month...can't wait.


Mina B.

Vampire Academy Re-Read Challenge

No comments: