Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Mini Book Review: Richelle Mead's Shadow Kiss

As part of the Vampire Book Club’s Vampire Academy Re-Read Challenge, my next mini review is for book 3 in the series, Richelle Mead’s Shadow Kiss. For those interested in my original review, click here.

In my original review, I gave this book a 5. I recall loving this story for the suspense, passion and creative twists. And now since I’ve participated in this reread challenge, I can appreciate it so much more. As for new discoveries with Shadow Kiss…first and foremost is the tone of this book. For me, Shadow Kiss transformed the series. In the beginning, the books went from suspenseful, imaginative YA tales and then in this book, something bewitching happened…it morphed into a soul searing, spellbinding epic tale. Richelle Mead is a master storyteller. My emotions were completely out of whack when I finished this book. And the story still haunts me.

The second thing I discovered was Adrian and Ambrose. In lieu of the cliff hanger of Spirit Bound, I couldn’t help but take a closer look at characters like Adrian and Ambrose. And finally, Rose. Her entire notion of being shadow-kissed put me in awe all over again. It really is creepy as hell and from the looks of it; Rose doesn’t seem to have much of a future with that curse lurking around her.

Those are my thoughts and once again, I give it a 5. A special thanks for Vampire Book Club for having this challenge. It was such a pleasure to re-read Shadow Kiss and discovering its brilliance all over again. Last Sacrifice comes out December 7th

Until next time…hurry and read the Vampire Academy series. It will blow you away.

Mina B.

Vampire Academy Re-Read Challenge

No comments: