Friday, September 10, 2010

Fridays with Fred

Hey, everybody. I’m starting a new blog segment called Fridays with Fred.

What’s that? It’s kind of self explanatory, but just in case…I have a furry friend and his name is Fred. Thus, the segment's name, Fridays with Fred. Mary at Book Hounds gave me this idea with her killer segment called phoDOGraphy. Check her site out when you get a chance.

Anyway, Fred's my main man and has been for well over a decade. As you can see, he’s an avid reader too (haha). My husband had fun with creating this. I hope you enjoy.


About Fred
Fred is a Jack Russell Terrier and my best friend. His favorites are running, jumping, doing tricks for treats and tasting my wine. Yes, he likes wine. What can I say? He has a taste for the finer things. Fred’s an expert snuggler and loves to burrow himself under the covers. He hates firecrackers but loves our mailman.

My life wouldn’t be the same without Fred. Being a writer is a lonely existence and I’m thankful everyday that I have him. He’s patient when I’m frustrated. He’s supportive when I’m down. He’s literally the best friend a human could possibly ever have.

And did I mention Fred had friends? Well, he does and tons of them too. Every now and then I’ll feature a special friend along with Fred. Feel free to send me your pet pictures and brief statements so that I may blog about your precious pet.


Fred’s Friend and Mine – Wasabi the Great!


Wasabi was a male Beta fish and a beloved pet of one of my best friends, LB. Wasabi was a happy, loving fish who – no lie – had more spunk and dedication than most humans. His favorite things were doing flips and jumps, meeting new people, swimming circles through his bamboo roots, attending business meetings with LB and eating gourmet fish food. Unfortunately, he passed last month which is why we are forever immortalizing him with this post. Don’t be dismayed though, because Wasabi the Great still lives on in our hearts. RIP Wasabi. We will miss you.

Until next time...enjoy your pets and read while you're at it.

Mina B.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Mina B - you are the coolest!! Fred is a lucky dog. Tx for the Wasabit post. Love you, LB

BookHounds said...

I love it! Fred look way better behaved than Schatze. That dog is phoDOGenic.

Oh, now I am started on bad dog puns.

D Q said...

How sweet Fred is! And great taste in books.

Mina Burrows said...

@Lisa Aw,LB...you're the best!

@Mary - Schatze it too adorable. Can't tell you how many people I've told about phDography. And in life...you can never have enough puns.

@Deedles - Fred is the sweetest, I promise.

Thanks you guys!

Midnyte Reader said...

Fred is beautiful. I love that picture...it is so awesome. I hope you have it framed somewhere.