Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A-Z: Z is for Chaucer's Canterbury Tales Recap from A-Z

Okay, my Z post is a highlight of all my post...Chaucer from A-Z.  Whew!  I made it!  Before I finish with my last post I wanted to give you a brief background into the versions that I read of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.  There are different translations, versions etc... but I thought It was important to share with you the version that allowed me to really enjoy these tales.

The version I read was Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales from the Modern Library ,Random House, Inc. (2008).  In addition, I referenced various lines from the tales from Canterburytales.org.  That particular website has both middle english and modern english versions.  And don't forget about the mobile apps I featured.  Like I said, those let you can take Chaucer on the go!
Now onto the A-Z overview!  Our resident host, Harry Bailey, who helped kick-start the tales.  Funny how the host didn't contribute his own tale, but sure knew how to critique them, huh?  If you missed general prologue or introduction of Harry Bailey, check out my post here!




Remember, the winner of the tale telling was set to win a free meal-- or something like that. And now...of all the tales I've blogged about...which was on your favorite?  

Vote at the bottom!

The Tale of the Clerk
The Physician's Tale

The Knight's Tale

The Friar's Tale

The Guildsmen & Haberdasher

The Miller's Tale Part 1 & Part 2


The Man of Law's Tale

The Reeve's Tale

The Pardoner's Tale

Sir Thopas Tale & The Melibee Tale

The Prioress Tale
The Shipman's Tale

The Franklin's Tale


The Second Nuns Tale

The Wife of Bath's Tale

The Manciple's Tale Of The Crow

The Cook & Squire's Tale

The Canon's Yeoman's Tale

Thanks for joining me this past month. Wow...what a journey, huh? Anyway, I'd love to know which was your favorite. Comment below to vote! My favorite is tale was the The Prioress Tale

Mina B.

13 comments:

Dani said...

Great recap off all the wonderful characters you taught me about!

Elise Fallson said...

Huzzah! We survived!
:D

Nick Wilford said...

These were great! I didn't get to them all, but having had a skim through, I would plump for the Wife of Bath. :)

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Nice recap! Congrats on finishing the challenge!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You found a tale for every letter - well done!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Congratulations on finishing. Despite the appeal, I don't think I'll be taking up Chaucer anytime soon.

S. L. Hennessy said...

This has been a great theme. It's been so much fun going over all of Chaucer's best tales. I forgot how many wonderful ones there were.

nutschell said...

awesome recap and i love all those characters!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Jocelyn Rish said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge! I think my favorite was The Miller's Tale.

Gwen Gardner said...

The Miller's Tale is one of my favorites and your theme was one of my favorites as well. Congratulations on finishing the A-Z, Mina!

Michelle Wallace said...

Congrats on crossing the finishing line, Mina!
I didn't get a chance to read through all the tales... lack of time and energy didn't allow for it...

Writer In Transit

klahanie said...

Hi Mina,

Okay, I wasn't here for everyone of your submissions and thus, based on what I did manage to read, I cannot say which one I preferred. What I do know is that all that I read was informative and eloquent.

Thank goodness this challenge is over.

Gary :)

Tammy Theriault said...

this is why i love your posts. there are so many new things i learn from you!! stop making me feel naive!! haha..