Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A-Z: "I" is for Canterbury Tales iPhone & Mobile Apps

 A-Z post, It's time its for "I" and I have to dig deep for an "I" for my theme of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.   I decided to show my readers how easy it is to bring Chaucer into our mobile world with "iPhone" and Android applications for The Canterbury Tales. Like most classic literature, you can take Chaucer and his classic tales on the road with you.


The Canterbury Tales iPhone and iPad applications
Yes, we've got an app for that. I decided to write this post because since I started blogging about classic literature, like the ones in my Creepy Classic segment of my blog, readers constantly say they haven't had a chance to read certain classic literature. I thought I'd share my tip to reading certain classic lit like Chaucer. Read or listen via a mobile app for a iPhone or Android app. Not every app is free but most of the classic lit ebooks are via Amazon or even through your public library's digital library. That's where I get most of my classic lit...free. And the apps are like a bonus. Even if you're a student, there are CliffsNotes for mobile apps so it's pretty simple process.

Here's an example of a few iPhone/iPad apps I found regarding Chaucer and The Canterbury Tales that you review. Click here for Android apps for Canterbury tales.



What about you? Do you get a chance to download classic lit like Chaucer via mobile applications?

Mina B.

8 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

Step one: procure an iPhone, iPad or other mobile device. As you can tell, I'm a bit behind on the times . . .

Jackie said...

I didn't even know those existed, but there seems to be an app for most things now. :)
I'm going to tell my son about this. Thanks, Mina!

S. L. Hennessy said...

Classics made for modern tech. Sort of strange and great at the same time.

nutschell said...

i remember reading the canterbury tales for our English class in high school:)
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I haven't used that app, but I've downloaded several free classics from the iBookstore.

Mark Means said...

Seems to be an app for everything, these days :)

Cynthia said...

I'm still amazed at all the things we could do with our iPhone.

To respond to the note you'd posted on my blog, I too wish there were time machines. There are certainly a few key periods from my past I'd like to visit again.

Cathrina Constantine said...

My daughter insists I must read The Canterbury Tales. I guess I should.