Friday, March 4, 2011

Fridays with Fred and Book Blogger Hop

Okay, so it’s that time again: Fridays with Fred and Book Blogger Hop. I'm combining the two again so I hope you don't mind.  :0)

Book Blogger Hop

This week's question comes from Mia who blogs at Girl About Books:


"Who's your all-time favorite book villain?"

Great question.  For me there are honestly too many to count.  So I broke it down into two villains the seriously scared the living shit out of me when I read these books.  I honestly don’t think I could pick them up again if I wanted to.  First is Stephen King’s It.  I’ve never looked at clowns the same since.  He’s a monster and a villain and he’s masterfully embedded in my brain thanks to King.  Who’s with me on that one?  Yeah, I thought so.  Next would have to be Dean Koontz’s Intensity.  If you haven’t read that book you’re missing a heart palpitating/thrilling read.  The villain - Edgler Forman Vess – was another one that scared the *@#&** out of me! Whew!  Those two are enough!

As for Fred, he wanted me to shoot him in his favorite places; the kitchen – specifically his nook. He just finished eating in this pix, so don’t feel bad for him. And he’s an Oliver Twist fan too! Aw, Fred…with all the food, treats and scraps you get off the floor, you hardly need more. Anyway, we thought we’d share with you. Enjoy your weekend!



Be sure & check out Schatze over at Mary/Bookhouds.  Fred really adores her.

Last but not least.  Enter to win my Free Book Contest of Kresley Cole's latest book, Dreams of a Dark Warrior!  Contest runs until March 17th, eod! 

Until next time...

Mina B.

12 comments:

Lea Thompson said...

I agree with Fred!

Unknown said...

Favorite Villian....Queen of Hearts, Alice in Wonderland.

Additionally, I believe Fweddie is really thinking "Man, I am so sick of dry dog kibbles.....throw me some salami already." (BTW...Fred's voice would be the same as Al Pacino's...whooo aaahhh.)

carla said...

Wishbone had his own show, I think they should have a new show with Fred as star. He could do all his favorite books, and have neat costumes to wear.
Fred you are such a handsome dawg!

I have not read those books Mina, and now I think I would be too scared to! Clowns are sort of scary any way.
I guess I don't do too many scary books. Maybe the ghost guy in Heart Shaped Box would be my choice for villain.
Have a good weekend!

Mina Burrows said...

@Lea - Hiya Flea! WOW! You've come to my blog. I'm impressed. Miss you, sweetie!

@Kerri-Anne - Good villian mention! And I Love Fred's voice. Very funny. You're right about the salami.

@Carla - Wishbone was a pioneer, huh? You think Fred could handle his own show? Nah. I doubt it.

Hugs to Darcy & Sophie!

Jackie said...

Poor Fred he is actually thinking "Mom if you were scared by those two books please do not make me read them too!" LOL
Fred doing an Oliver Twist I can believe Mina, have to look at that same face as soon as my Tabby cat finished her meal she thinks she should get fed again morning noon and night!
My Chihuahua gives me that look when he gets fed his dry food without the moist canned stuff he gets mixed in every morning for breakfast... He cannot understand that he needs to chew the crunchy stuff without the "extra" so his teeth can get a workout....

Howard Sherman said...

My favorite book villain is, hands down, is the Napoleon of crime -
Professor James Moriarty.

It took me less than ten seconds to come up with my answer. But you'll
never guess why.

Hop on over to my blog and find out -- http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Love the doggie pic. My dog also channels little Oliver quite frequently.
My Hop

Elizabeth said...

I love this week's question..Stopping by from the Blog Hop.

Stop by my blog for a book giveaway:

LITTLE PRINCES BY CONOR GRENNAN

http://silversolara.blogspot.com/

Chelsey Emmelhainz of HARPER COLLINS is graciously providing FIVE copies for five lucky winners.

Mina Burrows said...

@JackieBCentralTx - Hi Jackie. Thanks for stopping by. You're right Fred always looks a bit creeped in his shots. Our pets do rule us, don't they?

@Howard - Thanks for stopping by. I agree, Professor Moriarty is a great villian. BTW, just stopped by your site. Very cool.

@Alison - Hi Alison. Thanks for stopping by.

@Elizabeth- Mrs. Danvers in another great one. Thanks for hopping by.

Pamela Keener said...

I am an old follower
Love & Hugs,
Pam
pk4290(at)comcast(dot)net

Pamela Keener said...

How about Michael The hockey masked man

Mina Burrows said...

Hi Pam...Good to hear from you. Michael from the Halloween series...ooh that's a good one. Thanks for stopping by