Monday, May 17, 2010

A Paranormal Book Review: Larissa Ione's Pleasure Unbound

My first introduction into Larissa Ione’s Demonica Novels was when a friend of mine lent me Book 3, Passion Unleashed. I made a colossal mistake and read the series out of sequence and am sad to say, I didn’t get it at first. It’s not that I didn’t care for it, I thought it was okay.

But… I just didn’t understand the hype. That is, of course, until that same friend of mine (Hi Sandra) lent me the other three books in the series. And thank God she did. I zipped through books with pleasure, devouring the words as if they were my only source of food.
Larissa Ione is a killer author. The first book in her Demonica Novel series, Pleasure Unbound, is my first review for Ione. Frankly, as far as paranormal romance goes, I loved it.

Eidolon is the head physician and part owner of the Underworld General, an underground hospital for demons and other cryptic monsters. Eidolon is a Seminus demon; a sex demon who unless mated will turn into a raving sex fiend focused on nothing but impregnating his female conquests. The transformation is called S’genesis and Eidolon, the oldest of three Seminus brothers, is the first to go through the hellacious process. As his S’genesis nears, he meets Tayla, a demon-slayer who shows up in Eidolon’s hospital with wounds so severe, he’s forced to make the grueling choice to save her life or let her die.

Eidolon is the consummate professional, known for his cool disposition and fair judgment. He’s usually able to keep is sexual urges at bay, until he meets Tayla. Neither one were prepared for their fatal attraction. And the heat that resonates from this book is too great for words. An absolute must read.

There are two aspects about this author that I applaud. First, in this book, Ione starts the series out with a bang. Holy hell the sensual fever between these two unlikely characters, the demon (Eidolon) and the slayer, (Tayla) is the spellbinding. It’s such a page turner, it sucks you right in as if you’re a patient in that damned hospital, sitting idle watching all the action. But what I loved most about Ione is her wit. Man, is she hilarious. And the way she used her wicked humor within the Seminus brother’s dialogue is unmatched.

On the Mina Burrows KilloMeter, I give Larissa Ione’s Pleasure Unbound a 4.5.  Oh yeah…it’s that good.

Until next time...read a Demonica Novel.

Mina B.

No comments: