The A-Z Challenge is back with the letter G. I had an incredibly difficult time searching for a penny dreadful title that had the letter G. It took some time, but I decided to feature author, George W. M. Reynolds. And what a treasure trove of information I found on our penny blood author. I'm glad I decided to feature him because he was like an icon in his day.
"Penny Bloods Author, George W. M. Reynolds"
- A Legend of Grandier.
- Agnes; or, beauty and pleasure.
- Alfred; or the adventures of a French gentleman.
- The Baronet.
- The Bronze Statue, or, the virgin's kiss.
- Canonbury House; or, the queen's prophecy. A historical tale.
- The Coral Island; or, the hereditary curse.
- The Days of Hogarth; or, the mysteries of old London.
- The Drunkard's Progress. A tale in two periods.
- The Duchess of Cavalcanti.
- Ellen Percy; or, the memoirs of an actress.
- The Empress Eugenie's Boudoir.
- The Engraver.
- The Family Conspiracy.
- The Fatal Glove.
- Faust: a romance of the secret tribunals.
- Joseph Wilmot; or, the memoirs of a man-servant.
- Kenneth: a romance of the Highlands.
- Leila, or, the star of Mingrelia.
- The Loves of the Harem; a tale of Constantinople.
- The Man with the Iron Mask.
- Margaret; or, the discarded queen.
- Mary Price; or, the memoirs of a servant-maid.
- Mary Stuart, queen of Scots
- The Massacre of Glencoe.
- Master Timothy's book-case; or the magic lanthorn of the world
- Master Timothy.
- May Middleton; or, the history of a fortune.
- The Mysteries of London.
- The Mysteries of London. Second series.
- The Mysteries of the Court of London.
- The Mysteries of the Court of London. First series.
- The Mysteries of the Court of London. Second series.
- The Mysteries of the Court of London. Third series.
- The Mysteries of the Inquisition.
- The Necromancer.
- Omar: a tale of the war.
- The Parricide; or, the youth's career of crime.
- Pickwick Abroad; or, the tour in France.
- Pope Joan; or, the female pontiff.
- Rosa Lambert: or, the memoirs of an unfortunate woman.
- The Rye House Plot; or, Ruth, the conspirator's daughter.
- The Seamstress; or, the white slave of England.
- The Soldier's Wife.
- Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf. A romance.
- The Young Duchess; or, memoirs of a lady of quality. A sequel to "Ellen Percy."
- The Three Friends.
- The Two Sisters.
This list of George W. M. Reynolds complete penny dreadfuls was provided by Penny One Penny. A Database of Cheap Literature, 1837-1860.
Tomorrow I'll feature the Calendar of Hours and Friday I'll be featuring Ned Kelly, the Ironclad Australian Bushranger and the Spring-Heeled Jack.
Have a great Wednesday!
Have a great Wednesday!