Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Update and Winner of my Blogoversary Contest

Congrats to Sophia the winner of my Free Book Contest for Richelle Mead’s Last Sacrifice! Wahoo!  The winner was chosen through the established and reputable Random.org.

I want to thank everyone for all my well wishes/comments regarding my 1st Annual Blogoversary.  It was a big deal and I’m happy my friends celebrated it with me by stopping by and entering my contest.  I so love Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy series and thought it was fitting to have her final book – Rose’s story/Last Sacrifice – be my prize for my blogoversary.  Anyway, I hope I’ve inspired you readers to dive into the series. I promise you won’t regret it.

Before I forget, be sure and stop by often, because you never know when I’ll have a FREE Book Contest.  I’m pretty lucky when it comes to sourcing my giveaways and I do plan on doing another one soon.  I’m thinking something along the lines of Larissa Ione.  We’ll just have to wait and see.

Also, in February, I’ve joined up with Kathy from I’m a reader not a writer who is organizing a Valentine’s Day - Love Hop.  The dates are February 8th to February 13th.  I’m preparing a special book lover’s delight so be sure and check it out.  Oh, and tell your friends too.


Lastly, while I’m tweaking and pitching my books, I’m writing a few flash fiction series on my blog.  There kind of fun to read and oh yeah...their FREE.  So I hope my fans/friends will take a peak and have some fun in the process.  The first is a segment I call Hallucinating Housewives.  Everyone is familiar with Stepford Wives, Desperate Housewives, and then of course the classic Bravo TV's Real Housewives of “Pick a City.”   My series pokes fun at married women fantasizing, specifically about anything dark, morose and preferably creepy as hell.  I hope you enjoy them. The first one I posted last month called The Beast.

The second mystic series, I’ve created on my blog is called the Shadow Spirit series. They’re essentially ghostly beings that are marked, living an eternal life in the shadows, helping the helpless. The first of the series is call Next.  I had quite a lot of fun scribbling this tale and hope you enjoy it too. The first of the Shadow Spirit series is called Next.

Once again, thank you for all the blogoversary wishes, but most of all…thanks for stopping by!

Until next time…read anything you can get your hands on…

Mina B.





Copyright 2010-2011 by Mina Burrows.
All rights reserved.

No comments: