Thursday, December 9, 2010

Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Movie Update

So I was super excited when I saw this MTV interview with Richelle Mead.  Since Last Sacrifice came out two days ago, the series has been on my brain.  Book bloggers are going insane, spreading the Last Sacrifice reviews like a bloody virus on the internet.  I’ve barely surfed, blogged, read email or tweeted for fear I’ll run across a Last Sacrifice spoiler, thus ruining it for me.  Normally, I could care less about spoilers but oh no…not with this book. And so…while I wait for my LS fix, I shall discuss the next best thing…the Vampire Academy film production.

If you get a chance, read this article, where Mead discusses about the process of bringing her bestselling Vampire Academy series to the big screen.  Authors like J.K. Rowling and Stephenie Meyers have substantial creative input in the film production of their bestsellers but what about Richelle Mead?  From the article, it doesn’t look like much is going on pre-production wise, but you never know with Hollywood.  Could production start as early as 2011?  Ooooh, wouldn’t that be divine?

Until next time…Last Sacrifice is here and the Vampire Academy movie could be right around the corner.

Mina B.

No comments: