Friday, March 23, 2012

Fridays with Fred: The Hunger Games

I know what I'm doing this weekend. You? Two of my nieces went to see the movie last night at the midnight showing. I'm dying to know what they think! Cue in whistling music. Did anyone see it? Do you have plans too? I can't wait! The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is my all-time favorite YA novel (my review) I'd be shocked if you didn't read this novel in one sitting. That's how awesome it is! As for the movie...I hope it does the book justice. Stay tuned for my review of the movie on Monday. Here's the trailer if you missed it.


Fred's a fan too!  Fred...don't let them see that pin.
Fred volunteers as tribute!
Remember to stop by and visit Schatze over at Mary’s BookHounds too.

Have a great weekend.

Mina B.

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

So are you and Fred going tonight?

Sarah Tokeley said...

I'll look forward to your review. I won't be seeing it until Tuesday or Wednesday.

carla said...

Fred you are looking great!
Mina, will look forward to your review on Monday! Have fun! I remember seeing Jennifer in the movie Winter's Bone.

Cynthia said...

I'm seeing The Hunger Games tomorrow. It's all about District 12, woot woot!!!

Jackie said...

I may have to wait until movie comes out on DVD, unless our local theatre reopens and shows it next month. Too far to drive 100 miles to watch a movie with gas prices hitting over 3.70 a gallon.
Looking forward to your thoughts on it Mina, it was a fabulous book and like you hope it works as a movie as well as print.

Claire Hennessy said...

Oh I am soooo looking forward to seeing the film. I can't wait. The book was fantastic. (I've nearly finished the 3rd one too.) Gonna try and go this weekend too, but I'm very busy so we'll see. Enjoy yourself :)

Mina Burrows said...

@Alex - It's a no kid or dog night out for my hubby & I. Sorry, Fred.

@Sarah - I hope my review doesn't reveal too much. I'm dying to know what you think. :)

@Carla - I want to see Winter Bone too. Its on my list. Thx for reminding me.

@Cynthia - You had my cracking up w/ your post. I guess we all dragged our men out, huh?

@Jackie - I'm sorry about the movies. That's a bummer. Thank goodness nowadays they don't take so long to release the DVDs. :)

@Claire - Ooh, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the final book. And to movie too. Keep me posted. Thx.