Friday, December 9, 2011

Fridays with Fred: Jacob "Fred" Marley

Like most people, one of my favorite classics is A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.  My last post about best opening lines in novels had the subject of this Christmas classic at the forefront of my mind.  I loved these first few opening lines too, "MARLEY was dead: to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, the clerk, the undertaker, and the chief mourner. Scrooge signed it: and Scrooge's name was good upon 'Change, for anything he chose to put his hand to. Old Marley was as dead as a door-nail."


Anyway, I reviewed this classic last year & thought Fred would make a spectacular Marley ghost!  What say ye?
Jacob "Fred" Marley

If you get a chance, please visit Schatze over at Mary’s BookHounds too.  Fred loves her.

REMINDER, my 1000 Follower Giveaway to reach 1000 ends by the end of 2011. I'm about 45 away. Awesome! Tell your friends!

Have a great weekend!

Mina B.

5 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I've seen Marley crop up quite a lot this Christmas in at least three different publications. It's interesting how people get on the same wavelength regarding a topic.

Mina Burrows said...

I know. I think it's because its one of the novel scene's that easily depicts the novel. :)

David P. King said...

I like to call that the collective unconscious, Michael. It's a great phenomenon to be sure. :)

I think that doorknocker would freak me out more than a human face one would!

carla said...

Fred is just a great character actor!

S. L. Hennessy said...

Bahahaha, that's AWESOME! Fred is amazing!