Thursday, September 26, 2019

Fall Special 2019 & High Fantasy

Hey, Friends! Sorry for the long delay. My job took precedence for most of the year and frankly, it became too much. It took some time, but I've since been able to get some balance back in my life and am super excited for Fall. First things first though...how's everybody been? I will spend the next few days visiting my blog and writer friends to say hello.

This week marks the start of Fall 2019 which for me is equal parts exciting and overwhelming. I mean who doesn't love Fall, right? But...it seems every time it's upon us, I blink and the year's already over. Anyway, I thought I start this post by mentioning some of the books I'm reading right now.

Since I write fiction of the dark and mystical nature, I've spent the last several years submerging myself deep into high fantasy. I spent a lot of time studying from the best crafters i.e. Tolkien, George R.R. Martin and more. The books I'm most obsessed about are Robin Hobb's Farseer series. I instantly fell in love with Fitz, his bonded wolf, and the Fool. I enjoyed her books so much they always bring a smile to my face when I think about them. I've since moved on to other series, Michael J. Sullivan's Riyria Revelations - Theft of Swords -- a great series! I' looking forward to finishing this one and handing it over to my son to read.  Moving into Fall starting, I have another series that has me captivated.  Andrzej Sapkowski's Witcher books are another obsession of mine and with the launch of the Netflix series starring Henry Cavill, every reader, gamer and Superman enthusiast is salivating for this one.

For those who haven't read the books, check out the trailer below and let me know what you think.



Like the trailer? Are you into high fantasy? Have you read any of these books? Do you have a comparable book? Let us know.

That's it for now.

Mina B! 

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good to hear from you Mina!
Another fantasy series on NetFlix to watch. After Stranger Things and Dark Crystal, I'm ready for the next one.

Heather R. Holden said...

Welcome back! Completely understand how real life can distract from the blogosphere. Glad to hear you've finally regained some much-needed balance. Hope you have a wonderful fall! ^_^

mshatch said...

I LOVED The Farseer trilogy. Have you read The Coldfire Trilogy? Best anti-hero ever.

Good to see you again! (metaphorically speaking...)
:)