Wednesday, September 2, 2015

IWSG: Keep Calm & GRRR ARGGHH!

It's September and time for the Insecure Writers Support Group post.  A special thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh for creating this monthly opportunity to purge all our ill thoughts on writing. I also want to give a shout out to all the co-hosts: Julie Flanders, Murees Dupé, Dolorah at Book Lover, Christine Rains, andHeather Gardner!

IWSG:  Keep Calm & GRRR ARGGHH!


I just want to say thank you to all my friends who had such kind words to say about Fred.  As I mentioned, Fred's passing left a real emptiness with our family, but we are doing much better now.  And Fred's ashes are safely back with us so things are indeed better.  On a side note, I find myself snuggling more with the other pooch, Spike, because the poor thing was seriously depressed after his buddy died.  I never knew that dogs would be so effected by another dog's passing, but apparently that can happen.  It's a pack thing and I feel silly for not realizing that sooner.  For the dogs remaining, you have to watch them closely for signs and give them additional attention.  I learned that after reading a few of Cesar Millan blog posts.  All is well here as are hearts are slowly on on the mend.

That said, my kids have gone back to school and we've been fine-tuning our schedule of activities and so forth. I mention this because my schedule is paramount when trying to fit in my writing.  I've also done some major purge-cleaning and plan on doing more of that in the coming months to help keep me more organized.  So far so good.

With that, my goal this month is to keep calm and write a ton.  Since most of my friends are Joss Whedon fans, I wanted to share with you all this throwback that just made me chuckle and gave me some inspiration.

(Source)

What are your insecurities this month?

Happy writing.  Have a great week!

Mina Burrows

10 comments:

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Sounds like your other dog needs a new buddy. Too bad you don't live nearby, since I know of several adorable kittens in need of a good home. (I know how hard it is to replace a beloved pet, so a different species is not a bad idea. That's how we ended up with our German Shepherd after our cat died.)

I have plenty of insecurities this month. Most of them revolve around WAITING. Waiting for things that I can't control, but just have to hope are going in my favor.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We always had several dogs when I was growing up and they did indeed grieve when one died.
Hope you can get back into the schedule of writing.

Michelle Wallace said...

Keep calm and write a ton... great advice!
Happy IWSG Day!
Insecurities... there are loads of those critters just popping out all over...

Crystal Collier said...

Amen to schedules! Wish I could get mine under control. Especially the night time one. (Hello baby!) ;)

klahanie said...

Dear human, Mina,

I am so sad to read of the passing of your beloved dog, Fred. Indeed, we dogs demonstrate unconditional, non-judgemental love. A lesson shared to humans. Poor Spike and yet, your comfort and love to Spike, will bond you even more.
Bless, Fred. Always loved, never forgotten.

Yes, keep calm but please make that ton of writing a realistic goal, my lovely human friend.

Keep calm and arf! :)

Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses,

Penny xx

mshatch said...

I'm sorry I missed your post about Fred and so sorry he's gone. It's a terrible thing to lose a dog. They take up such big places in our hearts.

Cynthia said...

I'm relieved to hear that you and Spike have each other.

Keep calm and write a ton...I like that. I don't know if I could write a ton, but a few chapters would be nice.

Stephanie Faris said...

So sorry to hear about Fred. :-( Yes--keep writing. Writing helps us heal.

Heather R. Holden said...

LOL, love that "keep calm" image at the end of this post. Good luck writing heaps!

And I'm glad to hear you and Spike have each other to help deal with Fred's passing. As someone who's grown up with dogs, I know very well that the loss of a pet is never easy for dogs, either!

David Powers King said...

When my in-law's cat died, their dog seemed more depressed as well. There's a special bond in the animal world, to be sure. Wishing your family (and your writing) the best. :)