Thursday, June 26, 2014

Video Mania: World Cup/USA Soccer & Hunger Games!

Today is a BIG day for the the USA and #World Cup.  BIG.  For all you soccer fans out there, the USA will play Germany at 12 noon EST on ESPN.  Keep your fingers crossed that the US does well because without a doubt the entire world will be watching.  Or at least US will.  In fact, I heard earlier on radio this morning that this soccer game is supposed to break records with the amount of Americans watching the game at home.  #Crazy, huh?  Anyway, I'll be one watching too! Go USA!

Soccer:  Art Imitating Life

On another soccer note, I had the pleasure of watching this video created by NBC Sports Network:  An American Coach in London: NBC Sports Premier League Film featuring Jason Sudeikis.  I'm not sure if you've seen it, but I had to post it with the World Cup frenzy going on.  The funny thing is I actually had a high school soccer coach like this when I grew up in Texas.  He was a football coach turned soccer coach because the school didn't want to hire a real coach.  He didn't know squat about soccer, but he did know a heck-of-a-lot about winning.  It was a kickball style of game he taught and it was an interested experience to say the least.  The scary part about what you see here in the video is...its not so far from the truth.  Enjoy!



Hunger Games new Trailer!

Oh my gosh did you see this?  Look at Peeta!  Oh, I loved the books and can't wait for the movie too.  Enjoy and share if you haven't seen it already.

 

How's your month so far?  Everything good?  I hope so. 

Mina Burrows

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And bummer, we didn't win, but the US team still advances.

S. L. Hennessy said...

USA! USA! But seriously, this is a strange world cup. Teams I thought would win, lose, and vice versa.

Hunger Games trailer looks great!

stu said...

I suspect that people in football are hoping the USA wins, if only to boost the game there.

Mark Murata said...

Peeta looked like he had been stuffed until he moved at the end.