Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.  2013 ended too quickly, huh?  It did for me too.  Have you created any resolutions yet?  I decided to forgo the resolutions and focus on my goals.  My goals are ones that I push for every day so having a resolution doesn't make much sense to me.  

Instead of a resolution, I decided to create a theme.  My theme this year is...

How's that sound for a theme?  Be wicked in all things you do, my friend.  I've finally had some time to work on my projects, and the theme fits my mood.  You know what I mean?  

Anyway, I searched for some inspiration and found these three things that have sparked my wicked mood.

1:  A cool Shakespeare quote...

   
2.  A wicked meme because wouldn't it be cool to fly?



3.  The wickedly famous: Maleficent coming in 2014.


I can't wait for this movie.  The laugh at the end is the bomb.  


Hey, that's my theme for 2014, and I'm sticking to it.  Are you excited about the New Year?  Do you have a resolution or theme you want to share?

Have a wonderfully wicked New Year!   

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wicked fits you!
In a good way of course.
Haven't picked my word yet. Still working on that.

J.L. Campbell said...

Hey, Mina,

Happy New Year! Hmm...Love the thought of defying gravity. We can do anything we wanna, right?

Thanks for signing up for the reveal. So glad for your help. Let me know if you want to read Anya. I can send a copy your way.

Anonymous said...

Omg.. I love this theme.. I think it's been my life theme from the moment I was born.. ;)
Happy New Year to YOU!

Misha Gerrick said...

Wicked sounds fun.

Love the trailer. ^_^

Heather R. Holden said...

Happy New Year! "Wicked" is such a cool theme to have for 2014...

Mina Burrows said...

@Alex - A theme is better than a resolution, I think. Thanks Alex!

@JL Campbell - Defy gravity for sure. There are no boundaries! Looking forward to the reveal.

@MMM - Wicked is a great theme for you. I agree. But like Alex said, in a good way.

@Misha - I love that trailer too!

@Heather - It's fun. Happy New Year to you too. :)

Suzanne said...

Have always loved the second part of the Shakespeare quote 'something wicked this way comes' :)
Have set goals not resolutions this year so optimistic for a more successful outcome.
Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
xx