Sunday, June 5, 2016

IWSG: Ever Feel Like This?

Hey there blog fiends! I know I missed IWSG on Wednesday, but I still decided to do mine this weekend.  I know it's been awhile, but I wanted to get a quick IWSG post in before Summer kicks in and school breaks.  IWSG was created by Alex J. Cavanaugh and this month's host are Murees Dupe, Alexia Chamberlynn, Chemist Ken, and Heather Gardner!

How are things with you guys?  Like most, my world has been crazy and I'm praying Summer will give me the break I desperately need.  What about you? I feel like I blinked and 2016 is half way over.  Am I right?

IWSG:  Ever Feel Like This?


Anyway, I saw this picture and this summed up how I've been feeling for the last few months with managing life and expectations.

Source
  
Who's with me in understanding Sasha's insane moment of resting with The Walking Dead?  For me this picture describes how numbing life can be with endless and mounting responsibilities.  It's not like I view it as bad, it's just life and its there and you deal with it.  It's like the dead featured here are my day-to-day demands and I'm managing to slay them all!  HAH!  And... it's also how I feel about my stories.  My writings are like these zombies here and they haunt me and torture me in ways that are indescribable,  And yet, they are my everything.  As challenging as the writing process can be, it is my foundation.  Ever feel that way?  Eh...maybe not.  Well, these thoughts may be a bit too much for an IWSG but it's how I've been lately.

What about you?  Tell me what's been going on.  I missed everyone.  Did you miss me too?  

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Of course we missed you!
You could be one of those dead, so better to slay them than be one of them.

klahanie said...

Hi Mina,

My kind friend, to echo the sentiments of our friend, Alex, you have been missed. Most excellent to see you.

Never mind, The Walking Dead, you are well and truly alive.

All's well with us, thank you. The dog takes over my site whenever it needs some decent writing.

The preceding comment was typed in front of a dead studio audience......yikes....

Gary :)

Michelle Wallace said...

Hey Mina
Yes, we missed you!
Life's demands? I won't bore you with the gory details. I'm hanging in there - word by word...sentence by sentence.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Yes, you were missed!

That was a particularly creepy moment in TWD. I ache for Sasha.

As for me, I started a new WIP last week, and I don't hate it yet. So there's that. :)

Heather R. Holden said...

It's great to see you pop back up here! And I totally get what you mean. 2016 has disappeared in a blur for me, too. Makes it even harder to keep up with all my art responsibilities and the like. Hope you're able to get a break this summer like you want and deserve!

mshatch said...

I have been crazy busy the last month or so, trying to get my house ready to sell. Not getting as much writing in as I'd like but my house sure looks nice! Good to see you again :)

Carla said...


Have a good summer Mina!
I can't believe we are only a few days away from July's halfway point.

Crystal Collier said...

I've definitely had seasons where I felt less love for my writing. Even one where I loathed it, but that was just from pushing too hard on a project I wasn't 100% in love with. Take it easy on yourself, eh? Give yourself permission to breathe, to walk away, to ignore the stories for a time.