Friday, March 8, 2013

Hilarious Friday!

Okay so this week was a wash for me so thank god it's Friday!  Anyway, I found this and just had to laugh.  Are you a Downton Abbey fan?  I watched the first three seasons and was hooked.   I adore Maggie Smith and her portrayal of Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham is pure brilliance.  I wish she was in every scene because for me, she makes the show.  Season three's finale was a disappointment.  Seeing this comic strip put it into perspective for me.
Video Friday
I'm sure by now you've seen Sweet Brown's "Ain't no body got time for that" memes plastering the web.  Well, here's the original video clip plus the remix.  You may have already seen this but seriously I had to share this video.  I nearly had me in stitches. 



The Healthy Writers Club

Shallee McArthur created this weekly meme which I normally would have more to report, but this week I'm having to shift things around since my family has been sick with the flu.  I had it too but not as much as my little guy.  Things like this nearly always kill the momentum but what can I do?  Not a lot.  I ran about 6 miles so far and hit some other machines early on in the week.  That's it, but I'll try to get to the gym tomorrow and Sunday. *sigh*    



Fridays with Fred

Fred likes to run out the front door and check out the front yard.  On this day I caught him sitting enjoying the sun.  He's a happy dog. :)

Be sure and stop by and visit Schatze over at Mary’s BookHounds too.

Have a great weekend.

Mina B.

17 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Fred, surveying his domain!
I'd seen the video before - hilarious. And the comic is really funny as well.

Kyra Lennon said...

Can't even begin to explain how much I love the "Ain't nobody got time for that" lady!

Mark Means said...

Honestly, I've never seen the "Ain't nobody got time for that" video before. I've seen the meme all over the place, but this is a first time for the video. What a crackup!! :D

Be proud, you did pretty good with the workout...better than I did!

Gwen Gardner said...

Yeah, I was sooo disappointed in the season finale of Downton Abbey!

Funny video - words of wisdom to live by, lol!

That's a precious little Fred :)

DonnaGalanti said...

Mina, I needed that laugh! I can never get enough of Sweet Brown - emailed her to a number of friends this week. Ain't nobody got time for that! Too funny. And that Fred...a cutie-pie.

Angela Brown said...

I haven't had a chance to check out Downtown Abbey. I know, I know...I'll turn in my "Writer obsessive" card soon. But like Sweet Brown says, "Ain't nobody got time for that" when writing and stories are all over me like molasses lol!!

And Fred looks Dog-tastic looking out over the family yard :-)

Elise Fallson said...

I hadn't seen this meme yet, funny stuff. Sorry you've had to deal with the flu and hope your little man gets better soon. And Fred, well he looks like the king of his castle. I dig his sideburns. (-:

Jolie du Pre said...

Love "Ain't nobody got time for that!" Good luck with your fitness routine.

Anonymous said...

Love 'Downtown Abbey" and that video! :)

Mina Lobo said...

Big Downton Abbey fan...I wound up learning in advance how things would end this season, but dang, they really made sure you could have NO DOUBTS in those last few minutes, didn't they??? Can't wait to see what happens with Lady Edith and her editor. :-)

Dianne K. Salerni said...

I saw that Downton Abbey cartoon on Facebook and posted it to my daughter's wall. She sobbed broken-heartedly over Season 3 Death #1.

Then she was just seriously ticked off over Season 3 Death #2.

mshatch said...

Fred looks like he's have a little moment of zen.

And have I mentioned how much I love that pic of Pam you've got? I just love Pam.

S. L. Hennessy said...

Friggin Maggie Smith...good LORD does she keep me laughing. I watch that show for her. I mean, its great over all. But she steals it.

Michelle said...

Fred is a well-groomed doggie! Love the pose - full of attitude.
That video had me ROTFL!
I love the funky re-mix...

Anonymous said...

I love the meme. Something so simple is quite catchy.

The comic strip is funny, too.

Tammy Theriault said...

Thanks for the laughs...and feeling blobby as you exceed my 3 miles ran :D

Unknown said...

I really needed a laugh today. Glad I stopped by.